Friday, April 3, 2009

Is Ignorance a Bliss ?

Day before I had a technical issue at work and was trying to fix it. I know a friend who is pretty good in that technology and decided to drop my proud curtain and ask him for help. Guess what I found out ? I was ignorant about few basics of that technology. Long back this same friend called me and asked me about some issue he got and I told him flat that it cannot happen that way and he is making a big mistake somewhere in the code.
Imagine my embarrasment when I knew I was wrong all along and the best part is I did not even know that I was wrong. Well this is the price to pay for ignorance I guess. Now that I found out I feel wierd. I wonder how many other things I am ignorant about and what should I do to know them. As long as someone is ignorant about something it is a bliss. But the moment you realize it, it becomes unbearable..as if something got under your skin..
Only way to avoid this is to read more, listen more and analyze before answering :)

2 comments:

  1. a very very true post.. and very true of u (no offense) .. it reminds me of the gud old mercury days.. where u often fight with Satish .. over some issue.. the funny things is that u were always assertive ..whether u were right or wrong ... and remember the fight u had with Arun NS.. over a bike .. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shant-> yah SN and Sathesh , I used to argue a lot with them, well there has been a degree of change with experience in life now :)

    ReplyDelete