Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sweet Rights

Its a nice day and I was casually browsing the News from India. This news made me happy.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/tirupati-laddoo-gets-geographical-copyright/517376/

Thirupathi reminds me of laddoo as much as it reminds me of Lord Venkateshwara. I have always liked that laddoo. I dont know if it is because of the fact that it is not freely available or it is the Lord's prasadam or the wait in the queue. Neverthless the taste is unmatchable. And finally this precious little sweet that belongs to India is being protected by Law. I feel India needs to patent a lot more things and get copyrights. Sandal wood products, cotton scarfs, khadi, silk sarees, the color saffron, a lot of rice based dishes, South Indian Sambar, Garam Masala and more :) India can become rich just by suing other countries for using their copyrighted items.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you become popular by giving and not by suing - just like open source software!! On the other hand, its difficult to infringe the tirupathi laddu, as no laddu however best prepared still is no match for it. Yes India has still lot more to patent ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shant-> true nothing can match the laddu's taste :) thanks for visiting and commenting. Keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete