Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When you want to go Left,

the World seems to like Right. What this means here is...
  • When you are waiting for 25G in the bus stop you keep seeing it go in the opposite direction and on your side only M49s are showing up.
  • When you are waiting to catch a Taxi in New York City, every one of them has a passenger already, and when you decided to take a walk then you see empty ones zooming past :P  
  • Also just when you are late for the meeting and driving fast, you are stopped at every traffic light with a RED, and when you want RED so much so that you can turn and grab that water bottle from the back seat its all bright GREEN.  
  • When you call a whole gang for dinner at a wonderful restaurant they make you wait for ever or the food is unpalatable.
  • Just when you are so bored and finally beat your laziness and get off the couch and make it to the DVD shop with 2 movies in mind both will be out (!$*!).
  • Or may be when you want to eat your most favorite dish and go to the only restaurant that sells it, it is closed for renovation and you decide to try another one at home instead and drive back to find that the main ingredient needed is over. 
  • Even better, when you are hungry and late for a 1:00 pm meeting and hurry down to get lunch at 12:55 pm and when you try to get back all the 6 elevators are going in the opposite direction (what are the odds!!!)
Though some of these might sound implausible, only people who have experienced it would know how it feels...like the world is trying to pull a prank on you, Murphy chose you to be his toy for the day... But then there would also be days you get on to 25G with no wait, catch the NYC Taxi with one hand wave, pass through all green lights and make it to the meeting, enjoy a delicious dinner with friends, watch just that movie you want, eat what you craved to your heart's fill, infact make it to the 1:00 pm in the elevator :) and even wonder if Murphy is out sick ;)

Have you faced any of these or similar ones ever? I have.

7 comments:

  1. exactly Ωρίωνλφκε... thanks for sharing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the last segment... wonder if Murphy's out sick :)

    I totally agree.. In my opinion, once in a while this Murphy teaser day should happen... over the years of work experience I have noticed that during every timeline that I had to meet, at the 11th hour, Murphy's law will strike.. and then I know all is fine... If it doesn't and all goes well, then there is a bigger scare threat later :)

    They say, if all is well all the time, then we wont appreciate what we have :)

    Nice post.. I completely agree with the entire set of examples... been through most of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... It typifies everyone's run-in with Murphy at least the one time or apparently if it's you or me, we have regular appointments. I label those days as me being Murphy's "Project of the Day" and it's just that... every damn thing that can go wrong will.. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jaya & Dew :) Had to write it out, especially now that I wait for Murphy days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bus, taxi and elevator things happen to me too..But there have been other things, quite opposite. Before I decided to buy a Wagon-R car, I have never noticed one. Once I made up my mind to buy it, the road seemed to be flooded with it. It was as if every one drove a Wagon-R. I I don't know what to call this.. I don't even know if it is related to your post.. But just wanted share the perception...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shant.. Actually that was going to be my next one... but thanks for sharing though :) And Congrats on the car!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, some days are not yours, whatever you do, you might end up with hassles. Better to laugh them off, and get on with life. Tomorrow would be a better day!

    ReplyDelete