Thursday, May 20, 2010

To all you Mac Lovers there...

I am sorry if it upsets you in any way, but just could not stop myself from enjoying this nicely written story on the IPad. I already have one other person pour out his feelings in where's my slate. But this is really nice, it’s true and genuine. If you still have not bought it or thinking about buying it you might want to check out this post in msnbc first :)

Well my personal take on this, Jobs is pretty good with Marketing and Sales. He has carefully suppressed or avoided some features in the initial versions of his products and later introduced them as new versions of the same product, increasing the temptation for people to buy it. But in this case he released iPhone which even non-Mac fans loved & appreciated and then released a simpler, clumsier IPad which even Mac fans hate now. I am not a Mac lover, but I went and had a demo in one of the apple stores on this device. The obvious killers for me were

    1. Lack of proper Bluetooth - the one that is in the device does not support everything.
    2. Lack of inbuilt Camera - come on this is silly, the main use is for browsing and chatting, why would they make it without a camera?
    3. No media card readers - Like SD cards etc.,
    4. Too pricy  for what it offers.
In short I decided against buying it atleast for now, because I get most of the capabilities in my Nokia Smart Phone and HP laptop :), I might consider the next version of iPhone though.

6 comments:

  1. Mac is all about making a style/fashion statement. I really hate it when it comes to incompatible feature or the lack of features. I would prefer a linux distro like Ubuntu to Mac..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shant -> Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Its been a while :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, do you how to subscribe to blogs via email for new posts and comments?

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing with apple is they don't make product which you wish, they make the product and people like it and buy it . . I guess people expected tomuch out of iPad it was just a look alike product as Kindle which looked sad and apple made a product which looks little better .., Please do write when you get your iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Illavarasan for visiting and commenting. I definitely will :)

    ReplyDelete