Monday, January 25, 2010

Did I wake up on the "right" side of the bed?

It’s not about how lucky or unlucky I am feeling today, but it’s about the weather. Two years now I got used to the 3 winters I have been in this place. It is not as bad as some of the mid-west states, but sometimes it gets brutal here. But otherwise it is the usual cold, dark winter that cripples you from doing anything outside the house (No wonder people love video games!). There have been a lot of weekends when I have felt like staying at home and relaxing. This weekend was like that too. After a small get together on Friday and a short shopping on Saturday, I pretty much stayed at home, catching up on some books, some cooking, some coding (personal learning... not work related hello!! ) etc.,

When I went to bed I had that "Charged Weekend Mood!" (Especially since I lived through the GM diet plan) where you would want to change everything from the next day. I wanted to wake up early, make it to work early (nowadays I often do this) and get to my personal things in the evening nice and happy. I so much wanted to battle the winter fever! In the morning when I got ready and stepped out of the house at 6:10 am...

Instead of the cold harsh air, I was in for the surprise of a pleasant breeze;
Instead of the jittering teeth, my mouth put on a broad happy smile;
Instead of my worry about the frozen car, I was wondering about removing my jacket;
Instead of the time wasted in scrapping the ice off, I was enjoying the miniscule rain droplets;

WOW!!! It was a whopping 55 F (12 C) degrees... Where did the winter go? Did we already step in to spring? My friend was suggesting about a weekend trip to New York City... Did the weather blur his thinking too? The sudden euphoria was short lived when I remembered it was only Jan and a lot more of winter is still left! Well, I can enjoy this day anyway :)

5 comments:

  1. Dont say that :(

    inge kuluru.. odambe type adikkuthu :) Enjoy pannunga neengalaavathu

    ReplyDelete
  2. SK --> sila samiyangalil, sila idangal... :)
    kavalai padadheenga, Spring is around the corner
    Ωρίωνλφκε --> Yes, that is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Avlo ellam think panna mudiyale... Inge 18 degrees ke bangalore is sleeping most of the time.. :) It is an ill feeling... I miss the tropical heat in our own country :) I can imagine yours :)

    Nice post though.. Ammam, life le 6:10 kku ellam office kalambi enna panre nee?? You must be nuts!!!!! am sorry, that was my first reaction... sila nerangalil sila manidhargal :) appdinu onna chumma vidaren..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dew Drop Thanks for the ncie comments :). Kavala padadha if you ever get to come to US you will understand what I meant :)
    And 6:10 am office is not a big deal here. When I was in West Coast things were more like back at home.. not before 8:45 am I will get to office 90% of the days. But East Coast very different, people get to work at 7:30 am or 8:00 am normally and 30% will get to work even before that. If I have some pending work I go in early instead of staying late in the evening. It gets dark at 4:30 pm so better to come early and leave early. :)

    ReplyDelete