Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Labored, Resolved on its Own!

Wondering what this means? Well for one thing- it is not an idiom. I was searching for one though for this post but did not find any, so created my own :). Without much ado lets move on to the actual subject.

Say you have been trying very hard to get something done, may be a problem that you are trying to solve or a big stain you wanted to remove. You have worked against the clock on it, you have tried various options. Somehow the issue is not getting fixed. Now, how would you feel if one fine morning suddenly the issue is no more? The stain has vanished because of your friend poured some solution on it unexpectedly. Likewise the problem got fixed because someone else was trying to fix something and fixed this accidentally. Something you never thought would fix it has fixed it with no effort from you. All the sweat and pain basically did nothing. Would you be happy that the issue is gone or would you be sad that all your energy became pointless?

I was happy in a way when this happened to me today. In the middle of the night I get a call saying the issue is resolved. I was wondering if I was awake or was it a dream... I have not even dreamed of this before. After the call I could not go to sleep. I have labored with all love on that issue for 6 months now. Suddenly with no effort from me it is more or less resolved. I was happy because I don’t have to deal with it any more and the result was in my favor. I felt as if the Almighty, The Powerful One has suddenly chosen me to be amongst his lucky few. Have you faced this magic anytime?

3 comments:

  1. "fell in to your lap" ??? Sounds like McDonald's Happy Meal ad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ωρίωνλφκε --> well that does not exactly bring out the fact that I worked for it :( But a good one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly you missed the title of that happymeal jingle... Oh well :(

    ReplyDelete